Jodaiko Invitational 2008
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updates Winter Break

3 posters

Go down

Updates Winter Break Empty Updates Winter Break

Post  sylviag Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:05 am

Hey Fundraising!

1) The fundraiser is going great so far, except I don't think all of YOU GUYS have signed up or done any! (Kasey has done several already. thanks!)
PLEASE get on doing some! It's mandatory anyway. hahaha.

2) Also, have you received any more responses from the press packets?

3) Also, please have letters to the "prominent/famous JAs" (kristi yamaguchi, etc) done by the end of break. Either send them out by the end or I want to send them out RIGHT when school starts up!

4) You had a deadline to meet with committees to see how much money we still need to raise. How did that turn out? Let me know what is up since you haven't updated me with anything yet.

5) Please plan fundraisers for next quarter. Pick weeks to have spam musubi/curry/hot chocolate/whatever-youd-rather-sell sales. Plan restaurant nights. ANY other fundraisers! Let me know when you want to do them and I'll try to help out getting those things in motion, too! I need the list before school starts up again.

sylviag

Back to top Go down

Updates Winter Break Empty Updates

Post  dairycola Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:16 am

Here's a few from yours truly!

1) Haha, sorry I haven't gotten around to doing them, but I plan on getting out a BUNCH of companies from Long Beach. Don't worry about it on this one, I'll beat Kasey lol.

2) Only response I saw in the mail was a guy that crossed off their address and slapped a return stamp to our address... So essentially, they just sent me back a letter with our press packet & DVD. On the bright side, we got our stuff back!

2a) I called some of the companies that we've sent out to, and emailed a good chunk of the rest (didn't get maybe 5 or so) to see the progress on whether or not they received our letter. It's a little past the deadline that was on there, but I wanted to see if they received the letter or not. Hopefully I'll receive something from one of the companies.

3) I'll look up their names & addresses / emails. Most likely it'll be sent out the first few days we get back from school.

4) I think as it stands now, the other committees don't seem to have any big updates on their part regarding any cash... I'll ask them again though just to see if anything's changed so I can tell you some new ish.

5) Yes ma'am! Haha sorry, didn't know what else to say for this one besides just that. Anywho, first one I've got in mind would happen week 2. I'll let Megan know since she's the one that'll have to sign for the location.

Hope break's going well!

-Trick
dairycola
dairycola

Back to top Go down

Updates Winter Break Empty Re: Updates Winter Break

Post  dairycola Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:16 am

Oh!

And after practice sounds just fine (in terms of your email). Thanks dawg!
dairycola
dairycola

Back to top Go down

Updates Winter Break Empty Fundraiser Idea

Post  kasey Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:28 am

In terms of fundraisers for the quarter...Tomo cabinet would like to do a joint fundraiser. We've talked about doing a joint dinner at a restaurant or something and we've also talked about doing a joint clubbing event. Meltdown brings in a pretty good amount of money (well, I mean all the INC schools are involved so it's really well publicized and all, but I think we can do it). Anyways, we figured we could do the joint clubbing event, I really wanted to shoot for this quarter but I guess the cabinet decided that they want to try and do it towards the beginning of next quarter. The only problem I see with this is that it will be crunch time for Cultural Night, so my priorities will be focused somewhere else. Anyways, cabinet is very excited about this and it sounds like it'll be more than just an idea...in other words, it sounds like if we're down, then we just need to get the initial planning done so that this idea can become reality. Curtis had mentioned something about getting an event planner to do all the nitty gritty for us. What do you guys think?

kasey

Back to top Go down

Post  dairycola Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:12 pm

Does an event planner cost money? lol
dairycola
dairycola

Back to top Go down

Post  sylviag Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:27 am

Wow all this sounds great! We can do both a joint dinner and also do a joint clubbing event!! Smile
but yes, we can talk about this at the meeting!

thanks guys! Very Happy

sylviag

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down